|by Tim Hagner,
Carrera Motors is sponsoring another track day this year and we, the High Desert Region, have been invited to join. We have participated in these annual events in the past with great success and I’m looking forward to this year. This year we will be traveling to PIR (Portland International Raceway). The Carrera Motors Driving Experience will be Thursday, May 9. We will be traveling to Portland on Wednesday, May 8. Your entry fee will include dinner on Wednesday night, the track day and lunch at the track. Carrera has arranged special hotel rates for us at the Phoenix Inn in Vancouver, Washington. I hope to see you there. These events allow you to drive your Porsche in a safe and controlled environment.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Prior track experience is required to participate as a driver.
- Driving participants will be limited to 40 drivers total so that the run groups are not crowded.
- Ride-alongs in new Porsches are free, but require sign-up so we can plan for food.
- Please contact the hotel directly at 360-891-9777. Your hotel room is NOT INCLUDED in the registration fee. Use promo code “Carrera Porsche” when calling the hotel for a guaranteed room rate of $75/night plus tax (which includes continental breakfast). The reserved block of rooms will not be held beyond March 23.
- You must bring your own for helmet, driver or ride-along passenger.
Wednesday, May 8 – Porsche sponsored Dinner 6:30 pm - Beaches Restaurant in Vancouver, WA
Thursday, May 9 - Carrera Motors Driving Experience
- 7:30 am - Check-in at PIR for wristbands
- 8:00 - 9:00 am - Welcome Meetings - Track Rules
- 9:00 - 11:30 am - Morning Sessions
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Lunch served trackside
- 1:00 - 4:30 pm - Afternoon Sessions