Springs Here! Hold on a minute you say… Well OK, maybe it’s “just around the corner”. I know that we are all looking forward to the warm/sunny Porsche drives.
Let me explain further… We just held the PCA Zone 6 President’s meeting on March 22nd at Gig Harbor, WA. Tim Hagner, the new Zone 6 Rep officiated. There are 16 Regions within Zone 6, with many of them still receiving winter snows. One member drove down from Canada with snow tires on his Speed Yellow 997. Then there was the lady from Montana whose husband called Saturday evening and reported that they were having a blizzard… Makes life in Bend look pretty good!
Oh… and then there is the Polar Region Porsche Club in Edmonton, Alberta. Just the name conjures in my mind a red & white striped pole, with a ball on top. I get chills just writing this! I wonder if they also have to watch out watch for those large white bears, in addition to the deer, crossing the road? Probably not!
So, on to April, 2014… it’s shaping up to be an active month. Please check the events calendar on our website, for additional details, at www.highdesert.pca.org
However, here is a quick recap of the April happenings:
- Tuesday April 1st - Monterey Porsche Parade Registration Opens
- Saturday April 5th - Coffee, Donuts, and Cars @ Rack-n-Roll (9:00 AM)
- Saturday April 12th – Tech Session @ German Master Tech (9:00 AM)
- Saturday April 12th – Charter Dinner @ Awbrey Glen Country Club (5:30 PM)
- Wednesday April 16th – Monthly Social (6:00 PM)
- Saturday April 19th – Redmond Car Show/Aspen Lakes late lunch (8:00 AM)
- Saturday April 26th – Adopt-A-Road on Hwy 20 east of Fryrear Road (9:00AM)
And that’s “only” April – I look forward to seeing you throughout the year!
A bit of trivia… The “first” Porsche Parade was held at Washington D.C. in 1956
“Enjoy Your Porsche & Porsche Friends” Even More!