Pete Olson – High Desert Region President
We find ourselves literally “sliding” into December & the Holiday Season. And here we are, less than a week away from our Annual Holiday Party at Bend Country Club on Sunday December 6th!
We “kicked off” November with our HDR Annual Meeting and 2016 Event Planning Session at Club Carrera. This was well attended by over 60 enthusiastic HDR members, who shared their ideas and willingness to volunteer in creating & implementing some very interesting and exciting 2016 events.
The Annual Meeting portion included:
- Membership update (222 prime members + 157 affiliates = 379)
- Review of HDR giving back to the community activities
- Presentation of 2 new leadership candidates (Jerry Kolb – Vice President) & (Jeanine Faria – Secretary)
- Show of hands vote on the slate of 2016 HDR leadership candidates presented (passed by majority)
- Treasures Report by Scott Lauray
The 2016 Events Planning Session was expertly led by our Events Chairman, Scott Loring. The presentation & discussions included:
- “Traditional” events including Arrive and Drives, Wed Evening Socials, Cars and Coffee, Holiday Dinner, etc
- “Unique” events including Week-end Tours, Funkana, Rallies, Car Shows, etc
It was a pleasure seeing the enthusiasm of our HDR members, working together in planning our next year’s activities. We look forward to “Making 2016 Our Best Year Ever!”
I just returned from an eleven day adventure in Europe, which on November 20th, took factory delivery of a 2016 Sapphire Blue GT4. The following 7 days were spent touring in Germany, Austria, Italy & France. Story and photos to follow...
We have an opportunity at our Holiday Party “silent auction” to provide funding for local automotive related scholarships (COCC Automotive) and (Skid School – Winter Driving Training for Bend – La Pine High School Students).
I look forward to seeing you at the December 6th HDR Holiday Party!
Enjoy your Porsche & Porsche Friends Even More!