Date(s) - 07/09/2016
Roger Sanders – High Desert Region PCA Historian
Here’s an event that members have been asking for, for years. Our July 9 Arrive & Drive will be different and even more fun. This will be an ALL day driving tour, but we will still get back to Bend early in the evening.
The drive will give members the chance to tour through some very different areas of Oregon that are probably new to them. The drive will include roads that are some of the best sports car roads in Oregon. (The route is a secret, so I can’t tell you any details)
So, if you’re interested in participating in this event, here’s what you should know and do:
1.The drive will be limited to 16 cars. Be sure to RSVP driver and passenger names, e-mail addresses and the model of your Porsche to: Roger Sanders, email@example.com.
2. This driving event will be a relaxing tour, but still lots of fun.
3. We will depart from the Cascade Village shopping center at the usual 9 AM. Our driver’s meeting will begin at 8:30. Be sure to have a full tank of gas and have your tires properly inflated.
4. There will be a lunch stop around noon with a selection of either a cobb salad or burger, no need to pack a picnic lunch.
5. The lunch stop will also be a gas stop for those of us needing a fill up.
6. We will be driving on some wonderful back roads including a few miles on a small, unimproved road. While it’s paved and the ground clearance is OK, it is unimproved, narrow, has some pot holes and is without a center divider. I’ve yet to meet an oncoming car on the unimproved road, but a pick-up or herd of cows is always a possibility.
7. We will return to Bend between 4 PM and 5 PM, tired and happy.