Pete Olson - High Desert President
Well… Here we are at the “starting line” for the 2015 High Desert Region driving season. The green flag drops at our first Arrive & Drive on Saturday April 4th (weather permitting). I will send out an e-mail blast on the 1st confirming our plan.
We are also about to celebrate the High Desert Region Porsche Clubs 15th Year Anniversary! And… we are celebrating this occasion with a Charter Dinner at the Awbrey Glen Country Club on April 11th , 2015.
I encourage you to sign up and attend! As someone once said; “those in the know, go!” It promises to be a very fun event, including looking at our past history and even door prizes!
Looking ahead, there are the “reoccurring monthly” events
* 1st Saturday morning Arrive & Drives
* 3rd Wednesday evening Social Events
In addition, we are currently planning three overnight adventures, with perhaps another in the offing. The three “in the works” are:
* Yachats in July * Captain Jack in August * Oregon Covered Bridges in October. Schedules & details of each will appear on our HDR website, and as usual, participation is limited by hotels & dining at the destinations. Watch or website for details, we will also be talking about them at our Wednesday evening socials.
Car shows, car shows! A couple of opportunities to polish & display your “sparkling” Porsche…
* (Saturday April 25th) Diego’s Car Show in Redmond. This will be our HDR Porsche Clubs third year, let’s make a strong showing This will be followed by a “mini” Arrive & Drive to Aspen Lakes Country Club for a late lunch after the show!
* (Saturday June 13th) Porsches on the High Desert at the Deschutes Historical Museum. We are also looking to be joined by members of the Medford Porsche Club.
The Porsche Club of America’s motto is “fueled by volunteers” So… if you would be willing to help plan and coordinate an HDR activity please contact our event coordinator, Scott Loring at email@example.com
We encourage you to “just do it”, even if you haven’t done one before… many of our seasoned veterans are there to give you a helping hand.
Be sure to spend some time browsing “our” HDR website, it’s great fun! Check the events calendar so that you don’t miss out on the events which you would like to attend.
And then… take the time to create “your” story & photo contributions, making our website even more fun & exciting. Contact our Editor, Jim Boyd firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy your Porsche & Porsche Friends Even More!